If you are a technology/ IT company looking to profile your business and services in South Africa, you should consider advertising and submitting your news to these top websites: (In no order of preference)
- ITWeb (www.itweb.co.za) – For up to date technology news and analysis, ITWeb has been the leading technology portal since 1996. If you don’t have a virtual press office on their site yet, you may want to consider one. They also have social media opportunities and print advertising options in iWeek and Brainstorm magazine.
- TechCentral (www.techcentral.co.za) – Duncan McLeod runs a sharp site with breaking news, opinion, reviews and more. Worth subscribing to their daily enewsletter.
- MyBroadband (www.mybroadband.co.za) – ranks 28 out of the top 500 sites according to Alexa.com – http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/mybroadband.co.za#. A good idea to pay for a corporate press office because of its high ranking on Google search engines. Also an excellent news source.
- IT-Online (www.it-online.co.za) – Kathy Gibson has a leading technology portal, and it is supported by many of the large corporate brands. IT-Online also has a press office option.
- Gadget.co.za (www.gadget.co.za) – World Wide Worx’s Arthur Goldstuck is editor-in-chief, and Sean Bacher is editor of the site. Another e-newsletter you should add to your inbox. Great product reviews too!